Sunday, January 31, 2010

I miss my parents

It's been six months and counting that I've been here in the Philippines and am feeling somewhat home sick. I guess you don't realize how much you miss people, especially family, until time passes by and you start thinking about them a lot. Although I talk to my parents on a regular basis it's still not the same as seeing them face to face especially seeing them interact with the kids. I'm sure they miss seeing Leon and Leanna and spending time with all of us too.

Mammang Lou gave me an old picture of mom and dad the other day that was hand painted by some painter back when they had lived here in the Philippines. Don't ask me what year the picture was painted but it had to have been some time before 1991 because that was the last time that we had lived in the Philippines. Also judging by the picture dad was a bit skinnier so it definitely had to be in their younger years because dad has gained a few pounds since then. They both look so cute and so young, two lovebirds in love. They have been married now for 41 years and their love gets stronger and stronger as the years go by.


Having raised 4 children, all with different personalities, must've been hard but they have done it and speaking for myself they did a good job:) I owe everything to mom and dad and am very thankful everyday for the many blessings and the things they have done for me in my life. Their love for each other is a true example of what love is. They have been through everything together and they have each other's love and commitment to keep going for the rest of their lives. This is an updated picture of them. Aren't they still so cute? Thanks mom and dad for everything, I truly love and miss you guys:)



No comments:

Post a Comment