Thursday, October 1, 2009

Pictures of the kids first day of school





I'm happy to say that the kids have started school at Brighter Kids Learning Academy. Their first day was on September 9th about a week after we moved here. Getting them enrolled was a number one priority for us as the school year here started in June. They missed the first quarter of classes so they are enrolled in remedial classes to catch up. School is from 7:30 - 12:30 but with remedial classes they are there until 2:30. They will do that for about a month and they will get re-tested again to see where they stand and if needed will continue the classes depending on where they have a shortfall.

Leon & Leanna both like their school and they have met a lot of friends in just a short time. I will soon post the pictures from Leanna's birthday party and you will see that everyone is friendly and are really excited they have "American" friends. The kids are getting adjusted to the language barrier as well as I am since I do not speak the language fluently. They study Filipino in school so that is a plus and as I help them study for that subject I'm learning it too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment