Friday, October 9, 2009

A decision to start eating healthy & loose my belly fat!!!

It is so difficult to find a good gym where I live!!!! I don't know if it's because there are not that many people here that want to exercise and stay fit or if it's just that gym's are just not as popular here. Whatever it is I am not going to let that stop me from being healthy and loose my belly fat. It is a must that I need to do this for myself. The people here in the Philippines love to eat food and the food consists of a lot of sweets which of course is not good for you as well as a lot of meat. I've been doing a lot of research on the internet and I have compiled a few pointers that I will be following. Here they are:

1.) KEY: Reduce and maintain a low body fat percentage
2.) For women we need to get at 16%-19% body fat to bring out our abs (six pack here I come)!!!
3.) Three points that will aide you in loosing body fat 1.) Positive mindset 2.) Dietary Habits (eat good nutritious meals) 3.) Physical (take action) and do the right moves to loose that belly
4.) Foods with high Glycemic Index (GI) - white rice, white bread, white potatoes, corn flakes, crispy rice cereals, ice cream, bananas, cooked carrots, candy, cakes, & anything else that has low fiber
5.) Foods with low GI - dairy products, most fruits & vegetables, whole unrefined grains, sweet potatoes, barley, beans & other high fiber foods
6.) The more fiber you have in your food the slower the blood sugar responses to that food, look for products that contain 1.5-2 grams of fiber per each 10 grams of total carbohydrates
7.) Get grass fed meat & wild fish & free range chicken or organic and/or free range meats
8.) Unprocessed & natural IS HEALTHY!!!!
9.) Two EVILS - 1.) High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS): sodas, breakfast syrups, fruit juices, ketchup, sweetened cereals, cakes, cookies, pasta sauces, barbeque sauces, & salad dressings. HFCS's are lipogenic which mean they promote fat storage, our body doesn't recognize it so it does nothing to satisfy our appetite. Look for products that use natural un-processed sweeteners like raw honey, molasses or organic maple syrup, DO NOT use artificial sweeteners. 2.) Trans Fats: soybean, corn & cottonseed oils. Trans fats are created through artificial hydrogenation. Look for oils that say "unrefined", "virgin", or "extra virgin" on the label. Butter is better than margarine.
10.) Green tea, oolong tea & white tea aide in fat loss, drink them!!! If you want some sweetness to it add some honey.

Those are just some of the tips I learned but if you incorporate the above you will definitely see some improvement in your well being. I've made a choice to start being healthy and living healthy and I can't wait to see how I progress in the next couple of months. I haven't exercised since I've been here and all of that is going to change. Stay tuned to my progress!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment