Monday, June 7, 2010

Leon's 9th Birthday Party

Rainy season has begun here in the Philippines. It has literally been raining every day, something that I am not used to. Because of this it has made me more lethargic and I find myself taking naps in the afternoon. It reminds me of when I was little and we had a porch outside in the front that was surrounded by a screen so the mosquitoes wouldn't come in and I would take naps there when it rained. The breeze was cool and it was very peaceful and very relaxing.
 
 But this post is not about me it's about my son Leon who turned 9 on Wednesday June 2nd! We had a blast and it turned out nice despite that it had rained a couple of hours before the party started. I was hysterical as it had rained really hard and it rained for over an hour non stop. The party was supposed to have started at 3 p.m. but we didn't get a chance to start decorating until 2 p.m. so because of this the party did not officially start until 4 p.m. It was a Pokemon theme and I had tried my hardest to find Pokemon stuff here. It was hard though. I did find these cool Pokemon posters that I plastered all around to add some spark to the place.

Kuya Dong and Mammang contributed the taurpalin and the chairs. The taurpalin came out nice and it featured Leon's beautiful face on it. I had made some lovely centerpieces for the tables as well as some candy that was labeled for the adults. The kids received plenty of candy from the pinata as well as the goody bags which were stuffed with more candy and tons of toys to play with. The food, thankfully was just enough. We didn't think we had enough but we managed with what we had. The cake was the
yummiest and the moistest cake I've ever tasted. It makes me want to buy one now as I'm writing this!
 
 We had played 5 games for the kids including longest breath, the boat is sinking, musical chairs, hep hep hooray and bring me. We played 2 games for the adults which were fun as well. Afterwards we had the videoke in which we sang songs and had some drinks. We had gotten Leon a scooter, which he really wanted and he was so happy. He also got lots of fun toys to play with from his friends.

I want to thank Grandma Aurora and Grandpa Glenn for contributing money to Leon's birthday party, we even wrote their names on Leon's balloons. Thanks to Mimi also who contributed the invites along with balloons and the happy birthday banner featured behind the food table. Overall it was a success and all the kids had fun which is what it is all about:)

More pictures of Leon's birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment